This is a tool I developed to assist us at the Cambridge University Spaceflight Club to design a patch antenna for telemetry.
It is intended only as a very crude estimate, as I have absolutely no idea how accurately I selected the underlying formulae.
Probe Distance from Center:
Impedance Required for Quarter Wave Transform:
Required Trace Width for Quarter Wave Transform:
Required Trace Length for Quarter Wave Transform:
50Ω Impedance Microstrip Transmission Line Width:
- Patch Antennas for the impedance formulae
- Quarter Wave Transformer
- Microstrip Width Calculator for microstrip formulae
- DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A CONFORMAL OMNIDIRECTIONAL MICROSTRIP ANTENNA ARRAY ON CYLINDRICAL SURFACE
- Study of a conformal UWB antenna designed on various non-planar surfaces
- Design and Studies on Non-planar Conformal Patch Antennas for Air-borne Vehicles